Grab revealing insights on delivery service users in 2022 via “Delivery Trend Report 2022” (Delivery Trend Report 2022) By studying the behavior and surveying the opinions of service users* towards the delivery platform of more than 30,000 in Southeast Asia covering 6 countries, namely Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam and Thailand.
Delivery on Grab platforms across the region grew by 24% in 2022, with 7 out of 10 consumers saying that delivery has become part of their usage. life
Miss Chansuda Thananitayaudom, Senior Commercial and Marketing Director, Grab Thailand
“In the second quarter of 2022, the number of deliveries via the Grab platform grew 24% compared to the same period last year.
while the value of spending per order (basket size) of food or food orders via GrabFood and GrabMart in 2022 increased on average by 17% compared to 2019.
In Thailand, the 3 main reasons why Thais choose food delivery services are the convenience of using the service. Fast delivery and on-demand solutions And it makes it easier for them to socialize with friends and family.”
The report also highlighted how digital platforms have become an integral part of people’s daily lives, with 9 out of 10 consumers saying they favor brands that can deliver both online and offline experiences. And see that the delivery application is not only serving food or supplies nowadays. but also allows users to experience new experiences
- Grab delivery volume grew 24% (compared to 2021)
- Value of spending per order Grab Food – Grab Mart increased by 17% (compared to 2019)
- 7 out of 10 consumers think that using delivery services has become a part of life
- 9 out of 10 people appreciate brands that can deliver an experience. both online and offline
- 88% of customers know a new store. Through the use of the Delivery application
- 90% of consumers ordered at least once from a store they didn’t know about.
- 9 out of 10 entrepreneurs in Thailand consider the delivery platform as a necessity to help their business survive.
- 73% of entrepreneurs in the region said they Most online sales come from GrabFood.
with 88% of service users know a new store Through the use of the delivery application and more than 90% of service users open their minds to order products from a store they do not know at least once. The entrepreneurs or store owners agree in the same direction that The delivery platform is an essential tool to reach more customers.
9 out of 10 entrepreneurs in Thailand said that A delivery platform is essential for businesses to survive, while 73% of merchants in the region said the majority of their online sales came from GrabFood.
Interesting facts about Grab Mart
- Plant-based (plant-based) is no longer limited to niche consumers.
- 74% of Thais say that every few days they order at least one healthy meal.
- 2 out of 5 consumers tried a plant-based diet in the last 6 months.
- Afternoon snacks and snacks saw sales soar.
- 2 in 5 eat at least one snack or snack a day
- 64% of consumers ordered snacks for more than one person.
Interesting facts about Grab Delivery
- 1 in 3 delivery users Sign up for a membership package (Subscription) at least 1 package to receive discounts and benefits.
- Users using membership packages 44% more food or goods being ordered through delivery
Popular menu throughout 2022
- Best-selling menu items on GrabFood are 1) Fried Chicken 2) Coffee 3) Papaya Salad 4) Khao Soi 5) Iced Green Tea
- Best selling products on GrabMart are: 1) Cooking Oil 2) Drinking Water 3) Soft Drink 4) Sugar 5) Milk
- Coffee is a popular drink, every minute there are 15 cups of coffee ordered by customers.
- ATK is a hot item, every minute someone buys a COVID test kit through GrabMart.
- New Year’s Best Sellers 1. Soft Drinks 2. Pizza 3. Fried Chicken 4. Crispy Potatoes
Source: Grab Thailand