Two boys remained in critical condition after they and other students caught fire trying to light a bonfire at a scout camp in Nong Bua Lamphu province, an incident which some parents have filed negligence charges over.
Three days after five boys were injured while allegedly following a teacher’s terrible advice regarding a bonfire at a recent scout camp in the tiny northeastern province, two of them are still seriously injured and being treated at a hospital.
The incident occurred on the evening of Feb. 3 at the Non Sang Witthayakarn School’s football stadium, where hundreds of lower-secondary students had camped out overnight.
More than 600 Matthayom 1-3 students attended, and most of those injured were 14.
According to the school director Samnao Tiamduankhae, the accident occurred after a group of students failed to light the bonfire, and a supervising…